- Media Center
- Library Overview
- Library User Information
- Collections Overview
- Library Catalog
- Programs & Services
- Research Resources
- Collections Online
- Rights & Reproductions
- Donations and Support
- Projects & Partnerships
- Library News & Updates
- At MdHS
- In the Classroom
- Adult Education
- MD History Q&A
- From your Computer!
- Plan a Visit
- Support MdHS
Donald T. Tschudy Collection - PP87
Collection finding aids of Photograph Collections in the Prints and Photographs Division of the Maryland Historical Society Library
DONALD T. TSCHUDY COLLECTION
Not dated and 1924
Prints and Photographs Division, Maryland Historical Society
201 W. Monument St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Finding aid created by Katherine Cowan with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, August 1999
Henry Keidel (1840-1919) was born in Salzgitter, Hanover, Germany, the son of Dr. George Keidel (d. 1875) , a government physician who was affiliated with the University of Goettingen. The family came to Baltimore in 1852. Henry Keidel attended private schools, and founded the Henry Keidel and Co. firm in the 1860s, a Baltimore hardware enterprise that operated until 1978. The business was located successively at 10 S. Charles St. (ca. 1870), then 407 W. Redwood St. (in the Sagner Building), 31 S. Calvert St. (ca. 1929), 330 N. Charles St. (ca. 1970), and finally at 100 W. Cold Spring Lane (1978). A Catonsville resident, Henry Keidel was married to Adela Lawrence Keidel, and was survived at the time of his death by two sons and two daughters.
Howard A. Tschudy (d. 1981) was employed at the Henry Keidel and Co. firm starting in 1904, initially as a clerk. In 1965, he became the owner of the company. A Dickeyville resident, he lived at 2505 Pickwick Rd. Howard Tschudy was a member of the Baltimore Hardware Club and the American Hardware Manufacturers Association.
Gift of Donald T. Tschudy, 1983 (000524).
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of 1 box with 3 folders containing 5 photoprints, which are views of Pickwick Rd. in Dickeyville, a portrait of Henry Keidel, and an image of razor straps.
Note: Related materials are found in MS. 2802, the Keidel, Henry and Co. Collection, 1906-1967 in the Manuscripts Department of the Maryland Historical Society.
Note: Related materials are found in PP117, the Henry Keidel Collection in the Prints and Photographs Department of the Maryland Historical Society.
Note: The collection also contains one print, an etching of Forest Park Senior High School, ca. 1930.
The photographs are arranged according to PP catalog number, and by subject.
Box 1: 3 Folders
Box 1, Folder 1
PP87.1-.3 Pickwick Rd. (Dickeyville, Md.), n.d. 3 items.
Box 1, Folder 2
PP87.4 Razor straps, n.d. 1 item.
Box 1, Folder 3
PP87.5 Henry Keidel, 1924. 1 item. (NOT FOUND) © 2001 Maryland Historical Society - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Internet Management - WEBNETT